Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A bit of Emily Dickinson..

Summer makes me think of the poetry of Emily Dickinson...bees, flowers, robins, the sun, the grass.
This is just a little poetry "card" idea. Wouldn't it be nice to receive a note or card in the mail with some poetry on it? I so admire poets...just playing with words and thoughts in a cryptic way that one has to read over & over until maybe you can figure out what they're trying to say.  But you're never sure if you're getting it or not. Emily Dickinson never married or had her own family...she lived in her parents home, and wrote constantly about that world. The summer  really makes you appreciate how she could write an entire poem about a leaf, a bee, or the colors in the sky.

4 comments:

  1. What a spectacular poster. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and beautiful words. Only summer on this side of the world isn't all that amazing.
    Summer makes me think of Sitka, Alaska and what I could give just for a second there.
    Autumn makes me think of poetry, butterflies and buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Roumopod---where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan..I saw your reply only a year and 2 months late.
    My Apologies.
    I am based in Lahore, Pakistan. :)

    ReplyDelete